Hopefully we're back, but this will depend on current government restrictions. Check back closer to the event.
Join NSEG (Northern Suburbs Eurogamers) for an afternoon of board and card games of every style at the Croxton Park Hotel in Thornbury.
We’ll be playing in the Bistro room, we'll be the ones with games on tables!
What sort of games do we play?
* Games for beginners (which we call gateway games) like Ticket To Ride, Carcassonne, Splendour, Small World and King of Tokyo.
* Strategy (Euro) games like Power Grid, Lords of Waterdeep, Village, Imperial and Suburbia.
* Thematic games (that involve lots of dice and role play) like Betrayal at House on the Hill and Dead of Winter.
* Party Games (quick and easy games) like Resistance, Spyfall and Time’s Up.
* Card Games like Love Letter, Uno, Fluxx, Bohanza, Red7, Munchkin.
* And much much more!
And if you love a game, bring it along and show us… maybe we’ve never heard of it and will love it too! We do a rules explanation before each game (unless everyone has played it before) so don’t worry if you’ve never played (or heard) of any of these games… we welcome new players!
Cost: A $3 donation is requested towards the costs of running the event. If you can't spare it, please come anyway - we would rather have as many players as possible.
Have you considered taking a membership in Melbourne Meeples? Members do not have to pay for entry at NSEG and get discounted entry to our other events (including Meeplecon), and get discounts at participating retailers.
Visit https://meeples.org.au/membership/ for details and join.
The bistro has all the pub classics and tasty little bites… check out the menu here
How to get there:
By Car: If you’re driving there is a small carpark across the road.
By Tram: you can jump on the 86 and get off at the corner of High St and Darebin Rd [Details at: http://ptv.vic.gov.au/route/view/1881].
By Train: Jump on the South Morang line, get off at Croxton station and walk east to High Street.
Please ensure that you follow DHHS guidance, based on restrictions on the day and please don't attend if you feel unwell https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-covidsafe-summer