[email protected] meet up every Thursday at the Good Games store. [email protected] welcomes anybody who wants to have a fun night playing some modern, mostly strategic, board games. There are no rules around what we play, however you are more likely to stumble across us playing Eurogames than anything else (see below for details).
[email protected] was born in 2004 and has continued as a weekly event ever since. In 2013 it relocated from its historical place of residence in the Docklands. The name may no longer make sense, but it’s part of the charm. When should I get there?
Dockers starts around 6 pm (with most people, like me, arriving by 6:30 pm) and continues until Good Games closes (somewhere between 10:00 – 11:00 pm).
We typically allow plenty of time for people to arrive and play short 5 to 30 minute games until around 6:30-7:00pm when we aim to kick off the longer games.
If you think you will arrive later than 7:00pm it helps to let us know to avoid missing out.
Just look for the people with board games in front of them and there's a fair chance its [email protected] (sometimes we actually remember and put out a sign - especially if you let us know you are coming).
Good Games is open much earlier than 6 pm if you want to arrive early and make a day of it.
Games we play...
As I said, we mostly play Eurogames.
• What does that mean? Try this https://www.meetup.com/Boardgames-group-party-and-strategy-games/pages/2954162/Euro_Games__What_are_they_/.
• Still not sure, well lately we have been playing games such as Terraforming Mars, Concordia, Century Spice Road, Le Havre, Jump Drive and Lisboa. Check them out online.
We tend to be a fairly experienced bunch of gamers and there are so many new games coming out all the time that we tend to not play many of the beginner or gateway games such as: Ticket To Ride, Settlers of Catan, or Carcassone. However, almost every week we are trying out a new game, so we are willing to teach games and we are more than happy to have new players along to learn how to play with us. Who knows what awesome new game you haven't tried yet.
Parking and Other Useful Information
• Street parking available, however it is metered until at least 7:30pm (approx. $5.50 per hour) and the meters are only 1 hour meters.
• There are multi storey car parks close by with all night parking for around $9 from 5pm ($6.50 if booked online).
• There are snack foods, ice creams and drinks sold in the store (at pretty reasonable prices).
• Please respect that this is a place of business, however there are plenty of friendly gamers in here either as part of Dockers or as part of Good Games regular customers.